Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tutu

I went to the grand reopening of my local Joann's store this morning. They were giving away a $5 gift card and free reusable bag to the first 50 customers in the door. We were in line and got one (sorry kids don't get any). While there we picked up 4 yrds of $1.49 tulle= $2.98, some serger thread $3.50, and some fusible velcro$1.79=$8.27 after coupons. Total after gift card = $3.27, but since the serger thread really isn't needed for Christmas gifts I am going to count this as free for Christmas gifts, but coming out of my me fund.

So what am I going to do with the tulle, make a tutu of course for my neice. I will get more and make one for dh's cousin's daughter too.
I used this tutorial http://plumtickled.typepad.com/plumtickled/2007/08/tutu-tutorial-t.html
I used 1/4" elastic that is left over from diaper making

Here is my free tutu
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am going to buy some hair elastics (pony tail holders) and make hair tutus to match.
I am also going to try and hit the Joann's sale Friday and Saturday too.

I hope you are enjoying these cheap/frugal gift ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment